Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What's the deal RIM?

While the Great Blackberry Outage of 2008TM is over, most people are left to wonder what the problem is at RIM. Bloomberg reports:

"Research In Motion Ltd. said that a disruption in its Blackberry e-mail service in North America was ``fully and quickly'' restored and no messages were lost.

``It was pretty focused and isolated and we recovered well,'' Co-Chief Executive Officer James Balsillie said in an interview at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona today. ``We apologize for any inconvenience.''

My first question is where are these emails that news outlet keep taking about. I've never gotten one, and my firm is a BES customer.

My second question is how much can we trust RIM to provide key services when we have seen outages time after time. I just glad that my iPhone can do IMAP to my firm's Exchange server.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home