Sunday, January 29, 2006

Protecting confidetial business data

Bob Coffield at Health Care Law Blog points out a post from The Healthcare IT Guy about protecting confidential business information. In the age of HIPAA and Oxley-Sarbanes this is especially true. As Bob points out the FTC issued a $10M against Choicepoint for a data breach which resulted in the compromise of nearly 160,000 consumer records last year.

Update: Bob points out in the comments, it's HIPAA not HIPPA. I've corrected the post. If you can't tell by reading the blog, I'm dyslexic, and sometimes it bites me in the arse.
Tags:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob Coffield said...

Thanks for pointing out my post. I would mention one thing -- its HIPAA not HIPPA. It stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. One of the sure fire signs of knowing when not to you a vendor is when they are selling "HIPPA products" instead of "HIPAA products".

6:54 PM  
Blogger oncee said...

Thanks for correcting this Bob. I'll blame my dyslexic brain for that one. I've corrected the post.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Bob Coffield said...

Believe me you are not the only one who makes this mistake. In fact -- just look at your "tag" link. You will see how common the error is.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home